Looking for work? Gunning for a promotion? Want to return to work after time away? You need a Resume.
Résumé writing is not a skill we are born with, and yet it is something many employers expect us to be able to do. Hiring a résumé writer to write your document is one option (and if you get us to do it for you, we will give you some career counselling to unpack your skills and show you how to tailor it for future applications along with your document). However, most people don’t really get the benefit of an in-depth understanding of their value to a prospective hirer when they are reading someone else’s words about their skills.
Learning how to write your own resume is a skill for life.
In our workshops, you will learn how to:
- ♦ identify your individual skills and be able to effectively market them
- ♦ put together your value statement (ie understand your niche)
- ♦ showcase your achievements
- ♦ expertly articulate your your experience
You will also learn about:
- ♦ formatting, layout and structure
- ♦ whether to include referee details
- ♦ what to put in and what to leave out (and why)
- ♦ Font and colour use
As a participant in our workshop, you will receive:
- ♦ a coupon code to download a résumé template (and short ebook to remind you what you are doing!) that you can use when you get home. VALUE: $49
- ♦ the option to email the training leader your document when you have finished putting it together for feedback in the form of a full résumé audit. VALUE: $29
- ♦ Skills Inventory and workbook. Value $49
- ♦ The workshop is 2.5 hours long – a time-frame that would ordinarily cost $375 in career coaching.
That’s a total Value of $502 included in the price.
Single ticket: $159
Yourself + a friend: $197 (that’s less than $100 each!)
Date: TBA – register your interest below!
Time: 10:30am – 1pm
Place: Wodonga TAFESpace (158 Lawrence St, Wodonga)
Bring: Pens and workbooks will be provided, but if you would prefer to work on your laptop, by all means, bring it along. You can also bring your most recent résumé for reference if you would like to.
Are you a company/organisation representative and wish to book employees in to this event? Click Here.