Career Counselling – 60 mins
Career Counselling is a great way to manage workplace stress and anxiety as well as help you with career-changing decisions.
Good length for ongoing sessions or follow up sessions.
Career counselling is like personal counselling, only with a focus on your work life. There is a widely held misconception that a career counsellor is only helpful to highschool graduates trying to choose university subjects or to people wanting to change careers. While a career counsellor can certainly help you with these things, the value of career counselling goes far beyond these purposes.
- Struggling with stress or anxiety at work?
- Suffering workplace bullying? Or not connecting with a colleague?
- Feeling dissatisfied with your job?
- Loving what you are doing and want to manage your direction?
- Need an objective, non-judgemental space to soundboard your thoughts?
If this sounds like you, then you could benefit from career counselling. Sometimes, when you are not quite geling with your team (or your boss), talking to someone who is not invested in the outcome (such as a manager, colleague or family member) or involved in your personal life can help you gain perspective without the pressure of meeting the other party’s expectations.
Career counselling can also help you:
- Understand and manage the positive changes in your career such as promotions and added responsibility
- Brainstorm opportunities for professional development
- Build positive relationships with your boss – to achieve this, you need to have a positive relationship with yourself and career counselling can help you with this
- Help you understand what your strengths and weaknesses are to solidify your position within your company
- Keep in touch with how you are coping with work and provide you with a subjective support person to help you manage the demands of your career
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.